Our Health & Safety Measures
Our Health & Safety Measures
The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff are our priority. Our administration is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. During this unprecedented time and in cooperation with the Department of Public Health recommendations, please be aware of the temporary protocols to ensure a healthy and safe learning and workplace environment for all. Check back here regularly to stay up-to-date with important information.
To adhere to Governor Ducey’s Executive Order, we have delayed in-person instruction until August 17.
Letter to Families
Health & Safety Policies for EML
- Disinfecting Bin and Supplies will be available in the classroom.
- A staff member will be assigned the role of Safety Ambassador to ensure operations are being upheld, supplies are up-to-date and in stock.
Upon Arrival to Classroom
- A series of symptom check questions will be asked upon arrival.
- Temperatures will be taken before entry. Individuals with a fever (100.4 degrees or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, difficulty breathing, or shortness of breath will not be permitted to enter.
- Face coverings are required upon entering our school facilities.
- Hands will be sanitized upon entry, and we encourage you to use hand-sanitizing stations often.
- A minimum of 6 feet of social distancing from others must be maintained.
- Exercise appropriate respiratory etiquette such as covering your cough and sneeze with your elbow or tissue and washing your hands frequently.
In-Classroom Safety Measures
- Staff and students will practice frequent handwashing, 6 feet of social distancing, and wear face coverings.
- Student snack and lunch breaks will be staggered and socially distanced. No sharing of food or utensils.
- Use of common area equipment will be limited. All common area equipment will be disinfected after student block times and prior to the start of the next student block.
- Frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected between student blocks, at the beginning & end of the day, and as needed: door handles, light switches, sink handles & surfaces, tables, student desks, chairs.
- At the end of each student block, all electronic devices used by students are to be left at desks for disinfecting.
- All areas of the classroom will be disinfected thoroughly:
- Common areas: door handles, light switches, tables, desks, sink handles & surfaces.
- Student areas: desk and chairs.
- Electronics: iPads, computer monitors, and laptops.
- Staff and students, please remember to wash cloth face coverings on a regular basis.
- There will be a limit to non-essential visitors and activities.
- We will monitor staff and students throughout the day for signs of illness. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, a cough, or other symptoms will be sent home.
Please ensure that the information you gather is from reliable sources. Please take the time to review the resources below to help you and your family stay informed and maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle during the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic. Our Teacher and Support Staff are available to provide ongoing assistance for your student and family during this challenging time.